What a fantastic weekend, and what a fantastic conference. So many new voices and so much passion that the final two writers left standing workshopped among themselves beyond the close of Sunday’s late-night sessions, not calling it quits until 6:20 AM on Monday. Now that’s writing! With so much material deserving recognition, every writer in attendance warrants a shout out for their effort, regardless of where they’re at in their journey. Good job all! Now on to the awards…
SCWC*SD 24 Award Recipients:
- OUTSTANDING FICTION >> Barbara Gardner from Clarkdale, MS for Westside Blues
- OUTSTANDING FICTION >> Alyssa Kirk from Lebec, CA for Demonic Intentions
- OUTSTANDING FICTION >> Larry Markworth from Ventura, CA for Loss of Face
- OUTSTANDING TOPIC >> Elizabeth Mondok from Lancaster, CA for Why the Owl Asks Who (read here)
- OUTSTANDING TOPIC >> Melissa Fischer from Venice, CA for Why, Rick? (read here)
We’re getting gobs of great feedback and exceptional suggestions for next time, so please keep ‘em coming. The next SCWC is our L.A. event (which actually takes place in Newport Beach), Sept. 24-26, 2010. Pre-registration opens in April, so check back for details. In the meantime, don’t forget to befriend the SCWC on Facebook and visit the SCWC Blog for additional updates and publishing news.